High North Dialogue; Business in the Arctic Research Workshop
Bodø, April 4-5, 2019
On behalf of the High North Dialogue organization committee, we invite you to take part in the 2nd High North Dialogue Research Workshop. The workshop will be held in Bodø, April 4-5, 2019 in conjunction with the annual High North Dialogue week.
High North Dialogue Research Workshop aims at providing arena to present and discuss researchers’ work concerned with challenges and opportunities for sustainable development in the Arctic, and to connect with similar minded scholars across academic fields and professional experience.
The workshop will address topics originating from earlier High North Dialogue conferences such as Business and Governance in the High North, Arctic Politics and Security issues, Smart cities and Smart societies in the High North, Blue Growth in the Arctic and others.
One of the workshop’s track will be devoted to the issues of Business and Governance in the Barents Region.
- Key note speeches
- Parallel sessions/paper presentations
We are working on connecting of a special Issue “Business in the Arctic” to the High North Dialogue workshop.
- Frode Mellemvik, Professor, Director High North Center, Nord University Business School.
- Elena Dybtsyna, Associate Professor, Nord University Business School.
- Elena Zhurova, Adviser, Nord University Business School.
- Nadezda Nazarova, Researcher, Nord University Business School.
Thursday April 4
Venue: Scandic Havet, Tollbugata 5, Bodø city center
14:30-15:30 Introduction / Welcome
- Key Note Speech. The Changing Arctic in a Global Context. Dr. Laurence C. Smith, Professor and Chair of Geography and Professor of Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences at UCL
- Tom-Espen Møller, special adviser, the Research Council of Norway
16:00-18:00 Track 1
18:30 Research Workshop Dinner and networking, Ohma restaraunt
Friday April 5
Venue: Nord University, room A5
08:30: Buss transfer from Scandic Havet to Nord University
09:00-10:00: Key Note Speeches – Futute directions of the Arctic research
- Dr. Robert W. Corell: Adjunct Professor, University of Miami (US), Professor at the University of the Arctic (Norway) and Principal, Global Environment and Technology Foundation and its Lead at its Center for Energy and Climate Solutions
- Dr. Sergey Vasiliev, Professor, Director of MGIMO-University Odintsovo Branch
10:00-11:00 Parallel tracks 1 and 2
11:00-11:30 Coffee break
11:30-13:00 Parallel tracks 1 and 2
14:00-15:30 Parallel tracks 1 and 2
16:00 Buss transfer to Scandic Havet via Bodø Airport
How to join the workshop?
We invite you to submit an abstract of a paper concerned with the topics of the workshop. The deadline to send the abstract is closed.
Tracks will consist of presenters (10 minutes each), followed by a discussant feedback. In sum, each session will last for 60 or 90 minutes, with half the session dedicated to debate and input from the other participants.
The High North Dialogue program provides opportunity for poster presentation during April 3-4, 2019 at Scandic Havet. This option is offered to the conference participants.
Elena Zhurova, PhD, Adviser, High North Center for Business and Governance, Nord University. Tel. +47 755 17 124/ mob. +47 936 84 061, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.